Alex Brock, Sports President
With the assessment period now officially over, the Sports Union would like to wish each and every member a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Before we all leave for the Festive period, I would like to provide a brief recap from some of our semester one highlights, and also leave you all with some things to look forward to in semester two!
- moved home into a fantastic new £31 million facility
- successfully launched StrathActive for ALL 24,000+ students at Strathclyde to get involved with
- accomplished the treble at the Rugby Varsity against GU
- had over 300 students competing in Freshers’ Varsity
- had the biggest Bus Crawl to-date
- had a very success Xmas Contender Fight Night organised by Strath Muay Thai
- raised £20,846.79 for charitable causes
- donated OVER 500kg of food to those less fortunate
In terms of things to look forward to, we’ve got…
- a few recreational slots booked out for Week 0 and Week 1 in the Sports Hall to ease back into the swing of things!
- some VERY exciting things in the pipeline from the Sports Exec and the Events Team!
- ELECTIONS for Sports President, and other Sabbatical Positions, opening up(cannot recommend this job enough!!)!
- BUCS Nationals and SSS Competitions!
- SUCC Cheerleading competition up in Dundee!
- working alongside SSS to promote women in sport through various events andactivities #SheCanSheWill
- the one and only SPORTS BALL!
- GLASGOW TAXIS CUP #WeBleedMaroon!
- the Sports Union AGM where you can put yourself forward to be a member of theSports Exec
- the RETURN of Strath Super Teams!
- and FINALLY, the ARRIVAL OF PORTABLE FLOODLIGHTS AT STEPPS PLAYING FIELDS(delivery expected mid-JAN!!)!
Thank you to all Sports Club’s, Volunteers and Coaches for your hard work and dedication to developing student sport at Strathclyde over the past semester.
I look forward to seeing you all in the New Year.
Best festive wishes
2018-19 Sports President