- Term Time Position
- Up to 24 weeks per year
- Evening & Weekend Hours: 2 hours per week
- £10 per hour (negotiable if candidate has greater experience)
- Start Date: 15-09-2018
Applications are invited for the position of Head Coach at the University of Strathclyde Women’s Rugby Club.
The Coach is required to lead, manage and deliver coaching services to the rugby club, including training and competitions. They are also expected to liaise closely with the committee to ensure club members are enjoying training sessions and reaching personal goals. Club training sessions take place on Saturday mornings at Stepps Playing Fields, G33 6ND. Competitive fixtures take place on Wednesday afternoons and home games will take place at Stepps Playing Fields.
The successful candidate will create a positive, responsive and productive relationship with the Club and support the development of the team in training and competition.
The role is for a maximum of 6 hours per week and the successful candidate will be expected to be registered/register as Self Employed with HMRC and hold their own coaching insurance policy.
- Lead coaching at training sessions and on match days.
- Attempt to improve technical and tactical development of players.
- Contribute to the enhancement of the student experience through high quality coaching which engages, sustains and increases participation.
- Maintain accurate records on training attendance, team selections, tactical, and technical analysis of Strathclyde players and opposition teams in correspondence with team captain and president.
- Regular evaluation of team performance.
- In partnership with the committee, responsible and accountable for team selection, determining methods of selection and providing feedback to those not selected.
- Maintain regular communication with the Women’s Rugby Club Committee, and Sports Union where required.
- Support the development of student leadership skills, particularly with club committee members.
- Make sure all sessions comply with Health & Safety standards and maintain high standards with regards to Equality & Diversity.
- A Rugby coaching qualification
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Excellent motivation skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Experience of university sport / BUCS League
- Competitive experience at performance level in Rugby
- Level 2 or higher Rugby coaching qualification
- A clean driving licence
- A first aid certificate
Rates of Pay
Level 1 & 2: £10 per hour.
Level 3: £15 per hour.
Applications are considered via a CV and Cover Letter by email outlining the following:
- Coaching experience
- Why you are interested in this role
- Availability to Coach on Saturday mornings and Wednesday afternoons
Please submit applications to Abigail McMillan, Club Captain on firstname.lastname@example.org by 14-09-2018.